Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the road.

Large

It's been my duty to fetch Adik up from school now. And almost every time while I was on my way, I'd realize many things, many beautiful things in this world that may have been taken granted of. These may sound cliche, but what are the odds.

Somehow seeing someone grows up is like watching the sun rises every morning. You couldn't really tell that they are moving, but when you remove your sight and look once again, you'll see how much difference they have made before you even know it.

Being on the road makes me feel good. Because somehow it builds up a whole lot of confidence in me. To take over a bike, or another car, or even a bus. To cross the road. I felt like I'm trained to be confident and not hesitate. Being on the road tests patience especially when the road is small and I have to tailgate a 40 km/h max tractor and have the opposite side of the road full with cars that I can't take over the tractor! Does that sound like it even make any sense? Haha whatever. Courage, kindness, politeness, discipline, I could embrace all of these qualities. When I first get my driving license, I only thought about the fun, and the rush I feel running through my blood whenever I get to press the pedal. The harder I press, the faster the car runs, the better. But this afternoon when I was fetching Adik up from school I drove very slowly, as it was a school area, and gave ways to kids to cross the road when it wasn't my turn to stop, as in there was no traffic lights or signs or whatever. But seeing the kids to smile at me, and waving his hand as a sign of gratitude, it was heart-warming.

Now look at me getting emotional about frivolous things. See you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment