Friday, August 23, 2013

On one side and the other.

Just stumbled upon a little girl's music video. Well, yes, a little girl, a music video. I bet she's around 6 to 7 years old. And then suddenly the image of the kids dying in Syria and Egypt and all other places flashed in my mind.

I mean just look at the world. The big picture of it. A 7 year-old girl is swimming in pools of golds and silvers on one side of the world while on the other side, a same age little girl is drowning in oceans of tears and blood.

On one side, a little girl is adored and loved and if she ever fell and scratches her knees, the world would be so worried, she would have her one cute face on the whole page of the front cover of the newspapers. Hey hey no hate. But, just imagine. Another same age little girl is cruelly treated by some mean old guy with weapons and if she ever does something out of the ordinary, she would be mercilessly killed. She is just a child. What could she ever possibly do?

Somehow someday, it will just hit you. You will finally come to your senses and realize that idolizing just another celebrity is not as important as praying for your own people's safety. I know I know, just writing about it is not enough either.

Sometimes I ask myself. What else could I do to help them, other than praying. The thought of going there and shoot all the bad guys dead also once or twice came to mind. But I don't know. Honestly I just don't know. Still maybe, just keeping the thought of them in mind all the time is also doing something. That way you will always be praying for them.

InsyaAllah. Now have a nice day! Or night! Or whatever it is just have a nice of it hihi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment